Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why would a woman do this?

I've known a girl for a long time now. She is divorced, and she seems willing to sit alone in an apartment never to get her feelings hurt again. She never wants her trust violated again. She said it was violated. The source of her divorce was due to her husband looking at adult personals sites (technically) which devastated her. But she has told me she never understood what she saw in the man. She divorced him for being the "biggest mistake of her life," as she puts it, after she is the one responsible for starting their dating, which lasted for about 12 years prior to their marriage. She got divorced and was telling me she was ready to spend the rest of her life with another "friend" within 9 months of her divorce. To her I am her closest friend, which really is confusing. And she is really nervous about the flaws she sees about herself around me. She can't relax around me, and it sends out an uncomfortable vibe. As a matter of fact she has panic attacks, but she won't have one around me because she thinks I'll think she is a "freak" as she puts it. I told her I liked her, and she said she did too while looking at the floor. Soon after I got a little pissy with her because she railroaded some plans of ours for this other "friend" she wants to marry. She said I devastated her. I mean she started crying and ran away because I got a little tonal with some cranky wrinkles in my forehead, no yelling, no pointing, no swearing. She is in her later thirties for Pete's sake. Is she confused? What does friend mean? Does she like me? It's so damn confusing because she will not respond to anything in detail and with specifics. I've basically insulted her on purpose sometimes, and she completely ignores it. I mean it makes me feel like someone does not care at all if they NEVER get defensive or argumentative, upset, or something with you. What is the deal? I feel like a source of meaningless entertainment to this girl, but I don't want to totally put her out in case I am her closest friend. I got her mad one time though, and she came down stairs angry with all this make up on and tight jeans on like it was some kind of break up. And the whole time she told me I was just a friend anyway, and that she meant she liked me in the way like a friend who is a guy but "like one of the girls." How confusing. I just care way too much I think sometimes. I don't know. If she really is not mentally well (full respect towards anyone with real problems of course) I don't want to hurt her in anyway (she takes meds for anxiety). But I can't tell man, this is hard because I've known her my whole life almost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment