Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ohio Law concerning ault?

I stopped at the gas station and a black man asked me if I could give him a few dollars for gas. He pointed at the car that was supposedly his, but I knew it wasn't his. The owner pulled in before me. I said, "Sorry, I don't have a lot of money." I go into the store and stand in line behind 7 or 8 other people. Halfway through the line, I noticed the beggar walked into the store. He went to the food island and started messing around with a hotdog, so I stopped paying attention to him. The woman in front of me was an elderly lady buying some hot dog buns. She stepped up to the counter and realized that she had forgotten her purse somewhere. They were only a $1.39, so I offered to buy them for her. Then that beggar came yelling behind me, "Oh, so you ain't got no money when a brotha ask, but when its a white person, it's okay?" I was shocked, and I just quickly shook my head and asked, "What?" Then, he got in my face and said, "You heard me fool. I oughta just 'eff' you up right now, sup then, *****?" I was scared, my adrenaline started pumping, and I punched him in the face. Some guy pushed me back and another guy grabbed him and the clerk called the police. I have a summons to appear in court in two weeks and that idiot was yelling about suing me. I felt threatened, but he never touched me. Still, I felt like he was going to attack me, so I did what I felt was best for myself. This is already a completely unbelievable situation! Is it likely that it will get worse, and I could go to jail over this? I did bust the guys nose, if he ever sued, how likely is it that he would be found in favor? All I was doing is prepaying for gas and helping a forgetful old lady. I didn't ask for any of this, I just did what I needed to do to protect myself. Some personal experiences or knowledgable advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment