Thursday, December 22, 2011

If Holden Caulfield were real....?

This is going to sound like an odd question and, in truth, there is probably no way a person could adequaely answer it. Anyway, there is one part of the book in which Holden complains about one of his roommates clipping his toenails all over the place. Holden doesn't like this because it means that he steps on the guy's toenails in his bare feet. So....personally, I wouldn't even notice stepping on a person's toenails since my feet are pretty tough. Not sensitive at all...not even slightly ticklish. which brings me to my next point (if there is even a point)....if Holden Caulfield were real it would mean that he didn't have particularly tough feet. Which makes sense since he was an upper cl kid in NYC and had no reason to go around barefoot. But I was wondering if you thought that (and he's fictional, of course, so this is only hypothetical) it was possible that he could've had ticklish feet. Most people do, I guess. I don't know...do you think he seemed like the type who'd have ticklish feet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment